A herbal extract of horse chestnut seeds which assists in treating varicose veins, tired legs and swollen ankles.
A traditional herbal medicinal product for the relief of symptoms of varicose veins and venous insufficiency such as tired, heavy legs, pain, cramps and swelling, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy. Always read the leaflet.
Benefits and features
- Herbal varicose veins remedy
- Treats symptoms of varicose veins
- Made from freshly harvested horse chestnut seeds
The botanical name of the horse chestnut tree is Aesculus hippocastanum and because of this, horse chestnut seed preparations are sometimes also known simply as Aesculus.
Our horse chestnut seeds are picked in regions where no artificial pesticides, insecticides or fungicides are used.
At A.Vogel, we insist that only freshly picked horse chestnut seeds are used to make Venaforce®. This ensures that the extract obtained contains the active ingredients* that help with the symptoms of varicose veins
*Tobler M, et al. Characteristics of whole fresh plant extracts. Schweizerische Zeitschrift fur GanzheitsMedizin, 1994.
What do Venaforce tablets contain?
Venaforce contains an extract obtained from Horse Chestnut seeds in the form of a gastro-resistant herbal tablet.
One tablet contains 157.5-225.0mg of extract (as dry extract) from fresh Horse Chestnut seeds (Aesculus hippocastanum L. semen) corresponding to 50mg triterpene glycosides, calculated as anhydrous ß-aescin.
This product also contains soya polysaccharide. Do not use if you are allergic to peanut or soya.
Aesculus Hippocastanum: Semen rec,. extr. sicc. 63-90 mg (fresh plant extract = 4-6:1), equivalent to 780 mg fresh seeds of horse chestnut.
Venaforce may be used by adults (over 18 years of age) seeking a herbal treatment for symptoms of varicose veins.
Adults: At the beginning of the treatment take two tablets 3 times daily with a little water at meal times.
After 2 weeks: take one tablet 3 times daily with water with meals.
Who can't take Venaforce?
- Do not use this herbal treatment if you are allergic to Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastannum) seed
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breast feeding
- If your symptoms worsen, or you do not feel any benefit from the treatment within 2 weeks, talk to your doctor
- Do not use Venaforce if you are allergic to peanut or soya
- Varicose leg ulcers can arise on your lower legs as a result of varicose veins. If you suffer from leg ulcers or notice them developing, you must see your doctor before starting or continuing to use this product
1. Can I take Venaforce with other medication?
Yes, you can use this herbal remedy with any other medicine.
2. How long will it be before I see signs of improvement?
If the herbal treatment is helping, you should feel an improvement within two weeks.
3. Can I use it for thread veins?
Thread veins are a form of varicose vein. Venaforce can be used to help relieve swelling, making their appearance less prominent.
4. Will it reduce the prominence of the veins?
Depending on the severity of your symptoms, the cosmetic appearance of varicose veins (swelling) may improve with treatment.
5. Why are they called GR tablets?
GR stands for Gastro-resistant. This means that the tablet is specially coated and won't break down in the stomach (where it could potentially be irritating due to its constituents) but in the small intestine where it won't have an irritating effect.