Echinaforce® is a uniquely formulated, herbal medicine which, used daily, helps to strengthen and modulate (regulate) the immune system.
It prevents and treats symptoms of colds, flu, and upper respiratory tract infections.
Used at the treatment dose when sick, Echinaforce also helps prevent the complications of colds and flu, such as sinusitis, bronchitis, otitis and pneumonia.
Prevention / immune support:
Adults and children over 12:
20 Drops in a little water up to 3 times daily.
Children 4 - 12:
10 Drops in a little water up to 3 times daily.
Children 1 - 4:
1 Drop per age in a little water up to 3 times daily.
Adults and children over 12:
20 Drops in a little water 5 times daily.
Children 4 -12:
10 Drops in a little water 5 times daily.
Children 1 – 4:
1 Drop per age in a little water 5 times daily.
- Modulates and supports the immune system in children and adults.
- Improves resistance to colds, flu, respiratory tract infections and recurrent respiratory tract infections.
- Treats the symptoms of colds, flu and respiratory tract infections, including rhinitis, pharyngitis, catarrh, cough, fever, malaise and muscle aches.
- Helps to reduce the severity and duration of cold, flu and respiratory tract symptoms.
- Helps prevent complications and secondary infections such as sinusitis, tonsillitis, otitis (ear infections), bronchitis and pneumonia. This effect is particularly beneficial to those who are more susceptible to complications such as young children, the elderly, smokers, people under a lot of stress and people with weaker immune systems.
Echinaforce® is produced in Switzerland from extracts of freshly harvested, organically grown Echinacea purpurea herb and root, picked fresh and used within 24 hours of harvest. The use of 95% above ground part of the plant and 5% root is unique to Echinaforce®.
The benefit of using freshly harvested Echinacea purpurea plants has been shown to deliver more active substances. Extracts produced from fresh plants contain almost 3 times more active substances - called alkylamides - compared with those obtained from equivalent amounts of dried herb. After Echinaforce® is administered, alkylamides can be detected in the blood within minutes.
Echinaforce® is available in 30 ml, 50 ml and 100 ml liquid drops, as well as in 60s and 120 tablets variants.
There is also a 3x stronger Echinaforce® Forte tablet which is ideal for people under a lot of stress, athletes, smokers and those who are more susceptible to catching colds or flu.
For children, there are tasty, tooth-friendly, orange flavoured Echinaforce® Junior chewable tablets.
Do not use Echinaforce® Echinacea Drops or Tablets if you are:
- Do not use in cases of known hypersensitivity to the active substance, to plants of the Asteraceae (Compositae) family.
- Because of their immunomodulatory activity, Echinacea extracts must not be used in cases of progressive systemic disorders, autoimmune diseases, immunosuppression and diseases of the white blood cell system.
- Concomitant use with immunosuppressant medicines.
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding:
- Pregnant – as a precautionary measure, please consult your healthcare practitioner first.
- Breastfeeding - consult your healthcare practitioner first. Please refer to the package insert for more information.
1. Can I take Echinaforce® if I've had the flu vaccine?
There are no contraindications to the use of Echinaforce® either before or after the flu vaccination. Even if you've had the flu vaccine, it's still advisable to use Echinaforce daily because the vaccine does not protect you from cold viruses. Most winter infections are due to colds.
2. How do I know if I have a cold or the flu?
It can sometimes be difficult to tell. Flu (or influenza) produces similar symptoms to the common cold but these are usually more severe. In addition, you may experience fever, sweats and muscle aches.
3. I already have a cold /flu / sore throat...is it too late for me to start using Echinaforce®?
Not at all, just increase the dosage until your symptoms subside by taking 2 tablets 3-5 times a day before meals, or 20 drops 3-5 times a day in a little water and once your symptoms subside, return to the daily dosage in point 1.
4. Is Echinaforce® safe for all ages?
Echinaforce is safe and recommended daily for the whole family from the age of 2 years.
5. Is there anyone who shouldn't take Echinaforce®?
Echinaforce® should not be taken by those with any allergy to Echinacea, or the Asteraceae (daisy) plant family - allergy displays itself through an itchy rash. Patients who suffer from any form of auto-immune disease or those on immuno-suppressant medication must please consult their healthcare practitioner before using Echinaforce®.
6. Can I take Echinaforce® during my pregnancy?
Yes you can, this was confirmed by a Canadian study and, more recently by a Norwegian cohort study which confirmed no increased risk of malformation or adverse pregnancy outcomes after the use of Echinacea during pregnancy.
7. Can I take Echinaforce® if I am on chronic medicines?
Yes. No contra-indications have been detected between Echinaforce® and other medicines, including blood thinning agents.
8. Can I take Echinaforce® long term?
Yes. No adverse effects are associated with long-term use. Remember, Echinaforce® does not stimulate the immune system. It modulates (regulates) the immune system so using it year-round to help support your immune system day to day is advisable.
9. Can I purchase Echinaforce® on my medical aid?
Yes, Echinaforce® is NAPPI coded in South Africa which means you can purchase it through your medical aid if you have the facility to purchase Over The Counter medicines on your chosen medical aid plan, or if it is prescribed by your doctor.
"I use this as soon as there is a sign of a virus. Excellent. It really works as it prevents it getting worse."
"I have been using this product for many years and it has never let me down. As soon as I feel slightly under the weather, generally when I know a cold or worse is coming on, I immediately take and keep taking echinacea drops over an extended period. Generally it backs the symptoms right away and, if not, it relieves the worst the cold or flu can throw at me. Yes, I'm convinced that it does boost the immune system in the longer term."
"I take 15 drops of this every night and have not had a chest infection (which I previously got every 2-4 months) for over a year."