Sore Throat Spray
Sore Throat Spray
A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray contains fresh extracts of Echinacea and sage
Sore throat remedies often come in useful when one is afflicted by the common cold or flu. A.Vogel’s Sore Throat Spray is made from the well known herbal remedy Echinaforce® combined with Sage tincture and is a herbal remedy used to relieve sore throat symptoms.
Benefits and features of A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray:
- Relieves the pain of swollen tonsils, pharyngitis, general throat pain and inflammation.
- Antiviral and antibacterial action.
- Clinically proven.
Although any of the remedies in the range of Echinaforce® Echinacea drops or tablets can be used to treat sore throats, this remedy has a specially designed nozzle and spray pump, designed to deliver echinacea and sage extracts to the painful and irritated parts at the back of the throat. It is convenient to use and does not require water to take.
A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray is part of the Echinaforce® range of herbal remedies for colds and flu. It contains extracts of freshly harvested Echinacea purpurea herb and root, and sage leaves (Salvia officinalis).
The benefit of using freshly harvested plant material to make our herbal remedies has been demonstrated in research – extracts of echinacea produced from fresh plants contain almost 3 times more active substances compared to those prepared from equivalent amounts of dried herb.*
More about A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray
A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray is part of our range of herbal remedies for treating the symptoms of colds and flu. It is available in a 30ml bottle, with a specially designed spray nozzle which delivers the herbal extracts to the back of the throat.
Each 1ml of A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray contains:
- 863.3mg of tincture from fresh Echinacea purpurea herb
- 45.5mg of tincture from fresh Echinacea purpurea root
- 430mg of tincture from fresh Sage leaves
This herbal remedy also contains sorbitol (407mg), ethanol (370mg), soy lecithin (20mg) and sucrose laurate (5mg).
Echinacea is native to North America but now cultivated extensively in Europe. It is one of our most popular herbs and used traditionally to treat the symptoms of colds and flu, including sore throats. Sage is also one of our best known traditional remedies. It too has a history of use for treating sore throats.
The plants used to produce A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray are cultivated organically in Switzerland at our own herb farms.
Dosage and directions
Shake well before use.
Adults: 2 sprays every 2 - 3 hours.
Children 4 - 12 years: 1 spray every 2 - 3 hours
A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray comes in a bottle with a specially designed pump spray:
- Before first use, activate the
spray by pressing the pump 2 or 3 times. To use the spray, shake the
bottle well, place the nozzle just inside the mouth, pointing towards the back
of the throat and press the pump.
As with other sore throat remedies, do not use this product to treat your sore throat for longer than 7 days. This is because if your symptoms persist for this period of time, you should see a doctor or other healthcare practitioner.
A herbal medicinal product used to relieve sore throats associated with coughs, colds, flu, laryngitis, pharyngitis and swollen tonsils. Can also be used regularly for general mouth hygiene.
Contains soy lecithin
Like all herbal remedies, A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray can give rise to side effects, although not everybody gets them. Side effects may include:
- Rash in the mouth and a burning
sensation of the throat
- Allergic reactions, including
See our product information leaflet for more information on side effects.
If you are concerned about any side effect whilst taking A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray, or if you notice any side effect(s) not listed, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
1. How does A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray work?
A.Vogel Sore Throat spray is a combination of echinacea and sage extracts:
- Echinacea extracts have a long history of use in herbal remedies formulated to treat the symptoms of colds and flu, including sore throats.
- Similarly, sage extracts have also been traditionally in herbal remedies for sore throats.
2. What other sore throat remedies are there?
The A.Vogel range contains a number of Echinacea based herbal remedies licensed to treat the symptoms of colds and flu, such as coughs, runny noses and sore throats:
- A.Vogel - Echinaforce® Echinacea Drops – this is the most popular of our echinacea products. Available in 30ml, 50ml and 100ml bottles
- A.Vogel - Echinaforce® Echinacea Tablets – these tablets are unique as they are made from our Echinaforce® tincture. Available in jars containing 60 and 120 tablets.
- A.Vogel - Echinaforce® Forte Echinacea Tablets – for a more convenient dosage form
- A.Vogel - Echinaforce® Junior Tablets – chewable tablets for children.
3. When should I avoid using sore throat remedies?
Most cases of sore throats relate to cold and flu, and self-treatment using a remedy such as A.Vogel Sore Throat Spray will be appropriate. However, there are certain circumstances where a doctor should be consulted. These include:
- If you have difficulty swallowing or breathing
- If your sore throat is severe and accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea or vomiting
- If your symptoms worsen or if they persist for more than 7 days
Sore Throat Spray