Bladder weakness drops
Benefits and features
- Traditional herbal medicine to relieve urinary tract irritations through its astringent and diuretic properties.
- Assists in promoting/supporting the functions of the bladder.
- Assists in the treatment of bladder weakness and cystitis.
- Sugar-, gluten- and lactose-free
A Western herbal medicine used for relief of symptoms of mild recurrent lower urinary tract infections such as burning sensation during urination and/or frequent urination in women, after serious conditions have been excluded by a medical doctor.
The ingredients have astringent, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and diuretic effects.
15 drops under the tongue or in little water 3 times daily, half an hour before meals.
6-12 years: 8 drops in a little water 3 times daily, half an hour before meals.
In acute/severe cases:
Take the relevant number of drops according to your/your child’s age every 2 hours, gradually reducing frequency as improvement occurs, or as directed by your doctor or healthcare provider.
This product contains medicinal alcohol which will evaporate once added to a little lukewarm water
Fresh Wild Bearberry herb (Arctostaphylos uva ursi) (ratio 1:2) ...0.74 mL, equivalent to 359 mg fresh herb;
Fresh organically grown Echinacea herb* (Echinacea purpurea) (ratio 1:2.6) ...0.26 mL, equivalent to 100.4 mg fresh herb.
1 mL of tincture contains 0.54 mL alcohol (ethanol).
* Certified by Bio Suisse
1 mL = 20 drops. Dropper included.
Mild lower urinary tract infections or mild cystitis are common, unpleasant and painful infections that sometimes resolve themselves. However, in certains cases, it can lead to serious complications like pyelonephritis, an infection of the kidneys.
Many herbs have diuretic, antibiotic or anti-inflammatory properties, but few have all the required virtues to adequately relieve urinary infections. As a result of this, the herbalist traditionally therefore uses a synergistic complex in which each herb is used for its own effect but where the whole is more effective than its individual components.
Precautions, contraindications and interactions
- Do not use if you have gastrointestinal and/or kidney disorders or with supplements (or food) that produce acidic urine.
- This medicine works best when urine has an alkaline pH.
- Infection of the urinary tract can have serious consequences. If such an infection persists for more than 3 days or recurs, especially if fever is present, consult a physician immediately.
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid taking in case of known allergy to any of the ingredients of the product.
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Do not use if security cap is broken. Keep out of the reach of children.
1 - Grases F, Melero G, Costa-Bauza A et al. Urolithiasis and phytotherapy. Int Urol Nephrol 1994;26(5):507-11.
2 - Moskalenko P. Preliminary screening of Far-Eastern ethnomedicinal plants for antibacterial activity. J Ethnopharmacol 1986;15:231-59.