In the Gents...again? Get back in the flow of things with Prostasan
Mention the word 'prostate' to many men and they'll probably shudder inadvertently. While millions of men around the world suffer from one form of prostate problem or another, in many cases these problems are not serious and the symptoms are mild yet uncomfortable and disruptive.
Prostate problems often begin to develop in middle age so maintaining a healthy prostate should be a priority on every man’s health agenda.
Did you know?
- Over one million men in the world suffer from symptoms of BPH (Benign Prostate Hypertrophy or prostate enlargement)
- By the age of 60, there is a 50% chance you’ll have BPH.
- By aged 85, there is a 90% probability you’ll have BPH.
- Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men and the second leading cause of death in men.
- One in six men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime.
A healthy prostate is slightly larger than a walnut and is an exocrine gland of the male reproductive system. It is situated just below the bladder where urine is stored and surrounds the urethra, the tube through which urine passes out of the body. Its main function is to store and secrete a clear fluid that constitutes up to one third of the volume of semen.
Prostate problems can lead to:
- Sensations of not emptying your bladder completely after finishing urinating.
- Frequent urination (consistently in intervals of less than two hours).
- Difficulty in postponing urination.
- Weak or limited urinary stream.
- Pushing and straining required beginning urination.
- Burning during urination.
- Pain in the lower back.
- Reduced ability to gain and hold erections, weak ejaculation and dissatisfaction with sexual performance.
- Some pain during ejaculation.
- Fever and chills.
- Loss of appetite.
Nature gives you a solution
A.Vogel's Prostasan is a herbal product derived from the berries of the saw palmetto plant. Saw palmetto is a herbal medicine and has been used by millions of men who have a confirmed diagnosis of BPH, providing relief for lower urinary tract symptoms associated with prostate enlargement. The active ingredient is the extract of saw palmetto fruit (sabal serrulata).
Clinical Trials of Prostasan
In an 8 week multi-centre study using A. Vogel’s Prostasan capsules, a total of eighty five doctors treated 364 men with BPH who had not previously been treated using any form of medication. Patients were allocated to three groups based on the severity of symptoms as measured by the IPSS*.
The mildest symptom group improved by 42%, the medium symptom group by 38%, and those with severe symptoms, by 30%.
Quality of life due to urinary problems scores also improved, with patients progressing from "somewhat dissatisfied" with their urinary problems to overwhelmingly "atisfied" after 8 weeks.
* International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS)
Directions for use
Take one capsule daily after a meal.
Each Prostasan capsule contains: 320 mg Serenoa repens frucu extr. Ethanol. spiss. (9.0-12,0:1).